The Tourism and Hospitality Laboratory aims to contribute to the development of projects and solutions in Tourism and Hospitality, which allow increasing the territory’s levels of attractiveness, competitiveness, and sustainability. It is intended to collaborate with the various tourist agents to provide new action strategies and stimulate tourist attractiveness, boost products and/or services, generate business, according to the trends of the tourist market, through the planning and development of the territory in line with the Tourism Strategy 2027 and the +Sustainable Tourism Plan 20-23.
- Analyse and monitor the dynamics of demand and supply in order to generate scientific knowledge to better act in the tourist market;
- Deepen the network of contacts with the different actors that make up the Tourism and Hospitality cluster;
- Promote network cooperation with organizations from different sectors of tourism activity, working in collaborative approaches in the co-creation of solutions.
- Share and disseminate scientific knowledge, namely through scientific publications and organization/participation in technical-scientific events within the scope of Tourism and Hospitality.
- Strengthen the relationship between organizations and the School of Tourism and Hospitality of Politécnico da Guarda, bearing in mind its vocation as a centre for training development, promoting strategies for new tourist products, and training the territory.
- Create a scholarship for students to facilitate, promote and disseminate specialized knowledge in Tourism and Hospitality.
- Carry out consultancy studies on projects in the areas of Tourism and Leisure, Hospitality, Restaurants and Catering, among other related areas.
Head of Laboratory: Manuel Salgado (email@example.com); Ricardo Guerra (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Collaborators: Cristina Rodrigues (email@example.com); Paula Pires (firstname.lastname@example.org); Rafaela Silva (email@example.com)
- Consultancy on projects in the areas of Tourism and Leisure, Hospitality, Restaurants and Catering.
- Design and development of new tourism products and services.
- Partnerships in Tourism and Leisure, Hotel, Restaurant and Catering services.
- Training, updating and improvement of human resources in Tourism and Hospitality.