The Chemistry and Materials Laboratory has the aim of carrying out scientific and technological activities in Materials characterization. In parallel with the pedagogical and research components, it develops activities to provide services to the world at large.
Head of Laboratory of Chemistry and Materials: José Reinas André (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretariat: ESTG Services: 271 220 164 or 271 220 120
- Tensile Tests of plastics, elastomers and metals at room temperatures and under heat;
- Creep Tests of plastics, elastomers and metals at room temperatures and under heat;
- Stress Relaxation Tests of plastics, elastomers and metals at room temperatures and under heat
- Brinell Hardness Tests
- Rockell C Hardness Tests
- Vickers Hardness Tests;
- Vickers Microhardness Assays;
- Identification of polymeric materials.
Cost: A quote will be given according to the type of work to be carried out.
- Universal mechanical testing machine with climatic chamber, load cells of 10 tons and 250 kg;
- Durometer with Brinell, Rockell C and Vickers scales;
- Vickers micro-durometer;
- Fluency Test Equipment;
- Mechanical Polisher (sample preparation);
- Optical microscope;
- Anodizing line;
- Electrodeposition line.